.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, November 30, 2014

First backcountry tour of the year to Pioneer Falls

People were not around, the temperature was below zero but the sun was shining and I wanted to get outside. Being me, I picked someplace I had never been before. I knew Pioneer Falls as a really short ice climb so I figured I would skin up there, solo it, and skin back. So thats just what I did, with Manfred of course. As much as I like to portray that dog as tough, and he is, but he would not have made it without his puffy doggy sweater! The falls was blown out but still pretty. I bumped a cow moose off the trail and then spied 4 more cow moose from the road on the way out! I dont think I have ever seen 5 moose in a day. Maybe on Skalkaho pass but that was a while ago. It was amazing having such a magnificent place completely to myself with only the crunch of the cold snow and the squeek of old bindings and leather boots to listen to. Music to my ears!
Freshies
My Basset plows through the snow! 
The life giving sun 

Manfred's Houndtex sweater is freakin awesome! He doesnt fight it a bit. In fact, I think he likes it! 


The original Spark Blazes are still crushin it. 
How many moose can you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment