.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hyalite ice solo climb/recon mission

Couldnt find a partner for this beautiful 0*F Veterans day holiday so I went by myself. I figured that since I was going solo, I might as well go somewhere I have never been so I went to the upper Mummy area. I have been to and climbed Mummy II but I have never traversed over to the array of easier climbs to the south. So thats what I did. Crypt Orchid was in enough to climb, but not protect, and was an easy solo to the anchor which I cleaned up. I traversed left and right but didnt see any other ice so I walked back down to the Amphitheater cliff and solo'd Switchback Falls. Again, not enough ice to protect but enough to climb. Needless to say my tools were blunt b y the end of the day. On the hike out, I spied Mummy IV and it looks in/soon to be in, a rare occasion I believe. 

Crypt Orchid
Scepter and MummyII
Switchback Falls
Mummy IV

Almost touching down

No comments:

Post a Comment