.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Monday, November 24, 2014

All mixed up in Hyalite

I got to climb with an experienced mixed climber and me being a novice, I really wanted to take advantage of his skill set and climb some mixed routes. We went to a climb on a chunk of the Unnamed Wall I had never been to called Magically Delicious and I proceeded to slowly freeze solid while Alex lead it. Its way too much fun climbing a route that requires slung icicles, pitons, specters, cams, nuts, and ice screws! Nice work Alex! Then it was my lead so I tackled Jeff's Right without much issue. I didnt get to place cams or nuts but I did pound in a specter as a piton and slung an icicle. His lead came up and he lead The Thrill Is Gone in proper style! Again, pretty much every form of pro I know was used on that climb. I was thrilled to climb it mostly so I could warm up! Needles to say that both our tools and crampons got a little duller and shorter on that trip.
The 35m Jeff's Right

Magically Delicious with almost too much ice.
Alex having a seat on the Thrill is Gone.
I dub it the 'selfie seat'

No comments:

Post a Comment