.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Bear Canyon with Fermi

A new guy to the climbing world, Fermin (Fermi for short), was a pleasant addition to the Sam-Manfred-and-I climbing team in Bear Canyon the other day. We went right to the BOLs (bolted on lead) wall because I had some hardware that needed to be installed on one of my 3 anchor sets. I lead Lime Juice 5.8 without a hitch and added the needed quick links to the anchor. Fermin TRd it and Sam lead it before we moved to the main Sandstone crag. There, Sam put the rope up over Ignition 5.11a, almost cleanly. I tried to send it without a break but got stuck at the same spot Sam did. Fermin figured it out eventually. Sam then lead it cleanly and we moved over to the Under the Sea wall. The UtSW has got a few new bolts since last time I was up there so Im not exactly sure what routes we did. I think we started on Sea Bucket 5.9, followed by Under the Tree 5.10a, then Under the Sea 5.10a. Fermin, on only his second day of climbing outside, confidently lead Sea Bucket! 5 routes for three people after work is a good outing. It helps when it stays light until 10pm!
Fermin on Lime Juice.
Sam belaying Fermin up Ignition.

Ignition is steep!
Thats me(?) somewhere on the far right side of the Under the Sea Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment