.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Monday, March 17, 2014

Hyalite: The Dribbles WI3

All my climbing partners were either out of town, hungover, or had girlfriends to attend to so I went up to Hyalite with the intention of soloing The Dribbles. I had never climbed it but I feel really comfortable on ice WI4 or less so I figured a solo could happen safely. I was booting up in the parking lot when I noticed another climber, Tod, by himself. He was heading to G1 for some solo laps so we decided to team up and climb The Dribbles cause he hadnt done it yet this season. We cruised to the climb in 60 minutes and I lead the first 3 out of 4 pitches including the crux 50M pitch. Awesome climb! Since I wasnt soloing, I was able to take the path of most resistance and turn it into a full value climb. We might have done half a pitch of WI5! Tod lead the last pitch into the trees. We did two rappels down Avalanche Gully and were back at the packs in less than 2 hours! The view of the canyon from the top of The Dribbles is one I had never viewed before; its breathtaking. I made a new friend and got to climb the biggest chunk if ice in Hyalite in glorious sunshine.... hope those hangovers were worth it!
Looking up at the climb, well, 3 out of the 3.5 pitches anyway.
Great exposure. Todd coming over the roller looks like he could have been climbing for thousands of feet!
Looking down some run-off creating a giant hidden waterfall behind a curtain of ice. Its hard to tell but we are looking down 20-30ft of waterfall.
Maid of the Mist.
Looking up the canon towards Hyalite Peak from the top of the climb.


Looking across at Cleo's and Twin Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment