.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Hyalite Ice: Genesis Area free soloing

The Genesis area is way too cool of an option to have for us Bozeman climbers. In just a couple of hours, you can drive up to the trailhead, climb 3-4 awesome pitches and be back in town no sweat. I have frequented the area so many times over the years now that it is a very comfortable environment for me. I have seen it at its worst (I hope) and I have seen it at its best (?). Its also a great way to walk the dog. I solo G1, come down and grab my gear and my dog. Hike up to G2 and cruise up that. Then on to the Hangover (no pic) that takes me longer to rappel than climb. I watched the sun set from the base of the Hangover. Then I slid down to Lower Greensleeves to wrap it up.
Manfred and G2


Lower Greensleeves
G1

No comments:

Post a Comment