.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, June 10, 2018

!@#$%^ Rocks with Kyler

Kyler took Manfred and I out to his secret limestone sport climbing spot, which I have climbed at before, for a weekend of climbing and bolting. We spent Saturday climbing and Sunday bolting. I climbed a bunch of 5.10s which were all super fun and tried a 5.12 power lieback sport route that I didnt get but flirted with. Kyler spent some time on some 5.13 that he has been projecting. The weather was kind of crummy on Sunday so out came the drills. The night before we had found some new crags to bolt. We went to the first and set up shop. I produced a 9(?) bolt 5.10 and Kyler added a 5.12(?) sport route just to the right. I think the wall is called the White Wall. It got really cold so we spent the rest of the day building a trail across a scree slope to the next buttress on the list of to-dos.
A bad pic of one of the 5.10s I climbed.
Kyler is actually using a backcountry ski probe to clip the next bolt in this pic.
The 5.12 I almost got.
#normal
Excellent limestone. A bunch of fun routes on this wall.
The White Wall
Cant really see the new routes but mine more or less center punches it and Kyler's is a few feet to the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment