.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Thursday, May 10, 2018

The First FlatIron

I finally got to climb one of the world famous Flatirons! Emily and I went straight for the big bad boy, the East Face of the First Flatiron 5.6 10 pitches. The first pitch is probably considered the crux and I placed some gear but after that, we just climbed one 70m rope length at a time to a new anchor with no gear in between. We caught up to a guided party near the ridge but were able to pass and were back on the ground within an hour-ish. I think we both agreed that if we came back, we would leave the ropes in the car. Probably one of my favorite climbs so far; beautiful views and super fun, solid and secure climbing.
Left to Right: 3rd, 2nd and 1st FlatIrons

Top of the 4th pitch ledge. Special ledge ;)
Looking North from the ridge (top of p6?)
Not a bad view of Boulder.
The Tennis Sweater pose
Boulder CO








No comments:

Post a Comment