.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Hyalite Ice: Genesis area soloing and top rope soloing

12.12.17 Free solo'd G1, G2 and the Hangover. I fixed a short piece of rope down the backside of the top of G2 to eliminate the need to climb with a rope and rappel.
1.27.18 Brought the dog and a rope up to G1 for an afternoon of top-rope soloing. I think I got 7 laps in.

I climbed pretty much everything in this pic. You can barely see one strand of my rope on the far left. 
You can see both strands in this pic.
1.28.18 I got to take another first timer ice climbing. Emily has lived in Bozeman for 6 years but had never tried it. I convinced her she would be alright and off to G1 we went. We set up a rope on the left side of G1 and Emily got her first three pitches of ice climbed! I think I have taken at least 15 people on their first ice climb and I get the same wonderful reaction; its not as cold, not as unsafe and not as hard as everyone thinks. So go try it if you haven't! 

No comments:

Post a Comment