.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Friday, January 19, 2018

2018 Ouray Ice Fest

I dropped Sam off in Bozeman, picked up Manfred and began the long drive to Ouray Colorado for the Ouray Ice Fest. I have been to Ouray before, about 10 years ago but not for the festival. I parked my camper at Orvis Hotsprings and did as much soaking as climbing! Absolutely my favorite hotspring ever. Ouray is a skinny but tall slot canyon with tons of man made ice. Its free and you can top-rope solo so not having a human partner wasnt a big deal. I bumped in to some folks that I met at the Bozeman Ice Fest as well as the North Face climbing team! I got to chat with Renan Ozturk and David Lama whi eventually ended up giving me his sunglasses! The Ouray brewery treated me very well too. The trip was worth every mile. Not very many opportunities to spend 9 nights in a row in my camper! Climbing every day but travel days.
Swung by Independence Monument on the drive South.

Conrad Anker and David Lama



Action shot of ice breaking on DL

No comments:

Post a Comment