.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Hyalite Ice: Scepter and Mummy 2

So life really got in the way of my February climbing but whats a guy to do? I finally (!) got back on ice after over 4 weeks with zero climbs. I was feeling strong for some reason and went straight to a climb I had never done before called the Scepter. Its normally a WI5 climb but we found it in pretty easy but sustained WI4 conditions. I lead it without much difficulty and Sam got to top rope. We moved immediately right and Sam lead Mummy 2 (WI 2-4) while I got to top rope a couple of laps. It was a really nice day and we got to bs with a local guide that we tend to bump in to around the country at different climbing destinations.
Sam at the base of the Scepter.
Scepter on the left and Mummy 2 on the right.
Sam getting another lap on M2.
Fat conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment