.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Been up to a couple of things lately

I have been doing a poor job of keeping up with this blog lately so Ill try to do a little catch-up. Cady, Terra, Sam, Manfred and I climbed all but one route on the main wall of Red Cliffs (6 out of 7 routes?). Sam, Manfred and I did a bunch of laps on Practice Rock, mostly on Theoretical. Cady, Manfred and I were in Red Lodge and got a tip from a local on an easily reached (and climbed), hangover-friendly  Limestone Buttress called The Ovens where we tagged four of the routes. And yesterday I spent about 5 hours scrubbing Manfred's Rock out at the village. Manfred's Rock is now completely done and has 13 routes on it. It has taken me all season to get to this point. I still have a few bolts left over and I have one more buttress I hope to finish by the end of this season.
Yours truly on Theoretical 5.10.

The Ovens was luckily in the shade all afternoon.
What a pampered pooch! Ice water? Jeez! It was 95 degrees out...
Manfred's Rock is hard to get a good pic of, so here is most of it. 25-30 meters tall. Pure trad to pure sport and everything in between. This one will be popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment