.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Revenue Village: Roadside Ramps

With a heat wave (relative) cooking Gallatin Valley, out to the Village Manfred and I went. My target was a cliff just off the road that I have been driving by for 5 years now with only one scouting visit that I dubbed the Roadside Ramps. With the (welcomed) threat of other route developers, this low hanging fruit had to be plucked. There was a lot more snow than anticipated which made anchor installment particularly cold and wet. Unlike ALL the rest of the Village so far, the top of this cliff wasnt exactly a walk up, nor was the top a nice flat platform. I had to kneel and lay down in some snow to safely install the two bolt anchor (wearing blue jeans). At exactly 30m, 'Mushrooms are Good for Sundays' (thanks Neil for the hilarious route name) will go at 5.11+ pure sport. I got 11 bolts up it before I ran out of hangers; it will take two more to finish it.
Mushrooms are Good for Sundays goes up the middle of the face of the looker's right ramp. 


As seen from the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment