.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Hyalite Ice: Dribbles with Colombia Falls Crew

An old friend and new friend were chasing ice up Hyalite so I thought I would lend a hand. I met Devin and Chris at the Grotto Falls TH and off to the Dribbles we went. It was fun walking down the trail and pointing out dozens of climbs to excited and eager eyes. They wanted something big and it doesnt get any bigger in Hyalite than the Dribbles. There was already one slow moving party on the route so I just tackled some of the tougher lines climber's left of them. They, a group of two, were already done cleaning the first pitch when we started and we topped out ahead of them. Devin and Chris hadnt climbed in a group of 3 before and I was telling them that 3 can be just as efficient as two if you know the system. And we proved it. They had to run back to C.Falls so we didt get to climb anything else that day but I spent a couple of hours with a bow saw cutting downfall off the trail from the Godzilla wind storm we had earlier. Probably the nicest weather/day I have had in Hyalite so far this year.



Pitch 1. I held the sharp end for the whole climb.
The drippy belay at top P1, base P2.
The bottleneck on P2.

I dont know if this was a pose or not; you dont need a full arm swing to penetrate ice. 
P3 the money pitch.
A pano of (L to R) Divide Peak, Maid, Palace, Elephant (Blackmore might be in there too)

No comments:

Post a Comment