.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Revenue Village: Morning Glove climb day; Raven Memorial...

Sam, Manfred and I got to climb the last unclimbed (but developed) climbs on the Morning Glove. We warmed up on R, like Rain a 5.7 mixed line with a 5.8 move for the crux and walked off. Then I lead The Raven Memorial a 60m 5.8 with 17 bolts and two cam placements. Using strategically placed alpine draws I was able to keep the rope drag to a minimum but I will be the first to say I put one or two bolts too many on that face. I didnt bolt anything that could be naturally protected but I took the fear out of it. The 'sharp end' is pretty dull but fun nonetheless. Again we walked off. Then Sam lead Climber Quotes, topping out in a downpour. I didnt climb it cause it was soaking wet. Time to start the camping part of the weekend! The cows were still out there but I didnt let them fool me twice.
R, Like Rain goes up the crack to ceiling to dihedral and finishes pretty much at the skyline notch.
This is the first time I have even seen Manfred voluntarily sleep on a rock.

Looking 60m down The Raven.
Theres Sam about half way up.
Backcountry brass monkeys. Vitamin R. Vitamin C.



No comments:

Post a Comment