.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Village (of Rocks) Scout day: Found Rocks and Native American artifacts

There was a section of the Village that nobody had been to yet so I packed lightly and took Manfred for an all day hike. I found so many unclimbed trad, mixed and sport lines that I quit taking photos. Not to mention all the boulders I found nooked in the trees! I was lucky enough to stumble upon some Native American artifacts that was totally unexpected. Now I know where to move the cache!
Ever since I got a black and yellow pack, I have been noticing all kinds of black and yellow things that match (mys sisters cat, a bruised banana and something else I dont remember so far). 
I dubbed these the Road Ramps.

Found an old lean-to.

A nice boulder waiting for climbers.
Another nice boulder; this one scared me away, Im pretty sure thats a bear's den underneath it!
A no-hands friction slab.
A nice crack.
Some face climbing.
More face climbing.
And more...





A highball boulder.
This face is called Proud Face. 

This unnamed rock is down and to the right of the Morning Glove.

The most underrated hiking dogs ever. That lil guy is a machine!
The atleast 60m Morning Glove. One of the first trips out there for me was to this rock.
Or maybe this was the rock down and to the right of the Morning Glove.. ahhh! More rocks more problems!




Lucas climbed that shaded chimney in a down jacket one day and it rained feathers!

A perfect hands crack we climbed years ago called FAF1 with FAF2 crack to the right. (First ascent fever)
We TR'd that perfect tips crack.
A look at Ol' Two Tier from the hike out.
Schwabby's Acces and Up and Adam are on the ramps to the left of the low angle ramp.
The Native American area.




Terraces for ?

A platform with a grinding bowl placed centrally.

I twisted the rock to orient it the way it was used to grind. The grinding stone is about softball size and the dish is atleast a pair of basketballs.
Bison skulls bleaching on the boulder above.

If you ever see this set-up, dont be shy. Always got cold beer (and OJ).

No comments:

Post a Comment