.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, April 12, 2015

A couple first ascents out at the Village: Tower Pitch and Cube Crack

Sam showed up after my big scout day so I had a climbing partner. We went right to Tower Pitch which I bolted last summer and climbed it on TR a few times to clean it up a bit. I lead it without much problem and we gave it a 5.9 rating; medium cam to 5 bolts and chain anchors. After that we went to a crack that Travis and I spied early in the year and I installed some chain anchors so we could TR (top rope). A fun 5.9 lieback puts you on an easy 5.5 facey cracky thing to the anchors, Cube Crack 5.9. It was a wee bit chilly so that was all we got done that day.
Tower Pitch 5.9 starts with a cam in that undercling pocket.

A bad photo of Cube Crack, the lieback is barely visible lower right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment