.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, February 7, 2015

February rock climbing in MT(!?): Carnival Craig

I have rock climbed in MT in January a few times but never ever ever in February! When its been 50 degrees for weeks, the rock climbing bug tends to bite really hard while the ice climbing bug hides. Sam, Manfred and I thought the Carnival Craig in Yankee Jim would be nice and dry, and it was, until the rain started. Sam lead a fun 5.5-5.6 crack to get the rope set-up for a top-rope that protects the majority of the craig (we knew it was going to start raining at any second). I got a couple of laps in before it started raining. Sam got to climb in the rain; Patagonia training right! We farted around on the nearby rock and boulders before heading home. One more area climbed that I had never climbed before. I have climbed the boulders in the campground and the locomotives but never roped up for the trad routes. Great chunk of rock with probably the shortest approach in MT that I have ever done.

Pre-rain


Jellystone River

'Montana's Most Wanted' V7(?)

No comments:

Post a Comment