.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Lick Creek Backcountry

It was so warm and sunny that being indoors just wasnt an option. I had picked up my new Gecko climbing skins earlier in the week and decided to put some miles on them. After applying a thick layer of sun screen, I went for a walk in the woods. The snow on the E face was excellent was the snow on the W face could use some help.
The main fork of Hyalite on the right and Flanders drainage on the left. 

In the few years I have been skiing Lick Creek I have never seen windloading like this let alone a cornice collapse! 
It actually ran a little ways after propagating across. 
Otherwise the turns were fantastic!


Trying to capture that evening glow on wind-swept terrain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment