.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Boulder River Ice Cave, try #who knows?

Devin and I set off to climb an icicle in a cave that Lucas and I have been scouting for years. Lucas has actually been in the cave but I have not. I went up there with Lucas one day and we tried to trad climb up to it but were unsuccessful. I knew you could rappel in, cause Lucas had done so previously, so Devin and I made the trudge up the hill to look for said tree. However, the snow decided to come down heavily and any landmarks we had from the road looking up disappeared. We walked around on the upper rim of the cliff face looking for the old anchor webbing but were unable to locate it. We walked back down to the car and realized we were in the wrong spot the whole time. Oh well, There might not have been ice in it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment