.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Hyalite: The Elevator Shaft WI3+

 Lucas and I decided to party in Hyalite this particular Saturday evening. Hyalite weather looked gnarly from town and we hoped it would be; adds a little bit of intensity to the situation. It was actually pretty nice up there, until I started my lead. The groppel was insane! It was rolling down the ice gully as non-stop spindrift and I was forced to breathe it in and choke on it! Lucas cleaned the route then I TR'd it twice and Lucas got one more lap in. This was my first climb using mono-point crampons and I'm hooked!
We're not going there right!?
The Bingo Cave; hardest mixed routes in Hyalite are all right there. 
When the ice touches down, the route is called Bingo World. 
Some say this is the best route in Hyalite: The Thrill is Gone. Havnt climbed it yet but hope to this year. 
Looking across the valley at the Genesis area, Mummy Cooler area, Corner Climbs, and even Winter Dance.
The Elevator Shaft.
Looking down at my belayer after my best lead. I have already been lowered about half way down the route.
Lucas sending even though he wasnt feeling 100%.
Up into the dark abyss. Its a really cool feeling knowing that you are way up on some ice in the mountains and its dark but you are safe and warm and having fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment