.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

City of Rock Idaho

I have been slacking on my blogging lately but I swear I have been active. I have been bolting a bunch of routes out at Maiden Rock (Soft Core Don 5.10a 10? bolts, Calecy Crack 5.8 8 bolts, Wounded Knee 5.11c 6 bolts, Dropped Yer Pocket 6 bolts 5.11a, Cake Hates Me 12 bolts 5.11d, Bolt Ferry 5.7 8 bolts, Bolt Santa 5.9 9 bolts, Bolt Bunny 5.10a 10 bolts). Maiden Rock is a secretive limestone area that I was invited to help develop and Im not at liberty to say much about it. All of these routes have been climbed. I also did a ton of scouting. I checked out a mega cliff on the Missouri; no good. I four wheeled around Wall Mountain; choss pile. Then I cruised the Little Belts and found a ton of beautiful Limestone that I am going to keep secret for the time being.

Sam, Lucas, Bailey and I spent 5 days in the City of Rocks Idaho. This was my second trip there. Sam and I climbed everyday. Friday night we climbed Screwdriver 5.8 sport on Bath rock. Saturday we climbed Steinfells Dome 5.8 7 pitches sport and Jacksons thumb 5.6 4 pitches sport. We climbed some classic 5.10c on Bath rock that night. Sunday we climbed Striped Rock 3 pitches 5.7(?) 3 pitches. Sunday afternoon we climbed Columbia Crack on Elephant rock. Monday we climbed a couple of sport routes on the Breadloves. Tuesday we climbed a couple of routes 5.9 mixed and 5.10 sport on Parking lot rock.
Party Night

Parking Lot Rock

The mixed route on PL Rock
The sport route on PL Rock
Camp with Bath Rock behind.
Me leading Columbia Crack
Top of Steinfells Dome.
Bottom of Steinfells Dome
Top of Striped Rock
All four of us on Jacksons Thumb simulclimbing on one rope. Climbed all four pitches in one!

Following the 3rd pitch of Striped Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment