.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Hyalite Ice: Silken Falls and Switchback Falls

I found my new favorite two pitch ice route in Hyalite, Silken Falls WI3. Sam and I planned on climbing the Dribbles but between the girl crying up on the 3rd pitch and the two parties below them we opted for Silken Falls instead. I have climbed a variation of the Silken Slot but neither of us had climbed the falls. The WI4 way up Silken Falls is awesome! Sam wanted to get some leading in so we decided to climb Switchback Falls on the way out if it was open and by golly it was.
The Dribbles.
One of my favorite ways to build an ice anchor. Burry them babies to the hilt and equalize.
The 2nd pitch of Silken Falls.
Climbing is actually very safe. But accidents do happen.  RIP Guy LaCelle
Mostly P1 with P2 above.

Switchback Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment