.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Turkey Day Whitetail

One of the longer running traditions in my family has been the Thanksgiving morning deer hunt. I grew up in a house bordered by BLM land and now my parents have a house in Townsend so prime hunting right off the door step has always been a available. I would say that 50% of the time we are successful. Maybe more. We got our hands dirty this year. My dad/bird dog flushed this little buck right to me. I thought I was going to have to shoot him point blank off-the-hip! Luckily he was in full rut and had his nose to the ground so he walked right by and I got him at ~18yds! We needed a Whitetail for sausage because we turned my bull in to hamburger and assorted steaks. After we got my buck tagged, cleaned and loaded, we got the shotguns out and flushed a few pheasants. They proved to be a little more wiley than the whitetails. Had plenty to give thanks for this year.

Thats me. My dad took this pic from the deer.
Had to get a pic of him with the Big Belts and my trusty rifle.
Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment