.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, October 17, 2015

6th Annual Butte Bouldering Bash

Sam, Manfred and I camped out at Pipestone all weekend for the Butte Bouldering Bash competition. This was Sam's 4th time competing and my 2nd though I didnt actually sign up to compete this year (I didnt bring enough cash, oops!). We spent the day walking around the Druthers, a new area to me. We both had decent sessions and finished with no fingertips left. We also found some huge smoky quartz crystals just laying in the road! Here are some select boulders we played on.
Birthday Crack
I dont remember what this guy is called but its where we warmed up. The little white tags are point values assigned to the routes.
Druthers Crack: This highball was not part of the comp but there is no way in hell Im walking by something like this without an honest attempt. And an attempt is all I can claim to have done. I couldnt get my feet past the ceiling ~6-7' up. The top of the crack looks a little funky: you're seeing the blue sky through it! Totally parallel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment