.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, June 29, 2014

4 new routes in Revenue Village: Moose Rock

It was supposed to rain all day Saturday so naturally Manfred and I decided to go rock climbing. Geographically speaking, if you drive an hour in any direction away from the Gallatin Valley, you'll find good (better) weather. And I did. Manfred and I marched into the Village right to where Sam and I cached gear last time we were out there. I installed a 2 bolt anchor, fixed my static line to it and proceeded to work out the routes. This face has the largest crystals I have seen in the Village to date! 20 bolts later I had four 5-star routes waiting to be climbed. Sam, Manfred and I came back on Sunday to climb 'em. We were ear-to-ear smiles all day. Some of the funnest sport/mixed climbing I have ever done! Sam concurs as well. Moose Rock (left to right): Deaf Moose (5.8; 7 bolts to a bomber 0.4 cam followed by a bomber 0.5 cam), Dumb Moose (5.8; 6 bolts), Blind Moose (5.9; 7 bolts) and Bull Moose (5.9; clip the first 3 bolts of Blind Moose, step right into alcove and 3 bomber cam placements [0.3 or 0.4 to #1 to a clever #3] with a final run-out get you to the anchors). We found another chunk of rock right next to Moose Rock that I cant wait to get out and climb. I think it has a few more 5-star routes on it.

Pre-bolts
Some of those crystals are sticking out over 2"!
Bolted
FA Deaf Moose 5.8 7 bolts to 2 cams.
~25 meters later Im on top.

Sam following Dumb Moose (5.8 6 bolts) which pretty much follows the rope line. 
Sam following Blind Moose (5.9 7 bolts)
Sam following Bull Moose (5.9 3 bolts to 3 cams)
Sam cleaning a cam on Bull moose.











No comments:

Post a Comment