.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Monday, November 18, 2013

Hyalite: Hangover

My new room-mate Devin, Manfred and I all cruised up to the main fork of Hyalite for some afternoon ice. Devin had never climbed in Hyalite and was chomping at the bit. We scrambled up to the Hangover after bypassing a soaking wet shower curtain that was G1, a mini river which was Lower Greensleeves, and it would have been a marathon getting Manfred up to the base of Upper Greensleeves. It was warm and the ice was wet but Hangover was by far the best chunk of ice around. After a little apprehension because of the thin ice, I lead it up to the amphitheater. The thin conditions actually made it the funnest lead I have ever had on that route! There was some stemming off rock and girth-hitching screws cause they were too long; radventure climbing! I set up a TR and we each had some TR laps.
Thats Devin and the Hangover. We had some liquid courage but were far from hungover!
Looking acrosst (that 'T' is for Anna if she ever reads this blog; inside joke) towards Elephant mountain and Palace Butte.

I loaned Manfred my down belay jacket; dont need it when its 45*!

Moonrise over Hyalite reservoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment