.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mt. Black; Y-couloir

Mt. Black is not hard or technical, but its big and a long, steep way back there. I finally bagged it on my 5th attempt. Two of those previous attempts were spring ski missions to the couloir. The first of those missions ended pretty quickly when we realized some of us were in over our heads. The second got Devin and I at least to the top of the couloir but we couldnt ski it due to a partner left behind on a totally different fall line. This time, by myself, I got it. I think it took me about 4 hours to reach the lake and another 1.5hours to the top of the couloir. Everything came together perfectly and I had one of my favorite ski descents to date.




Looking South towards Mt.Cowen
Bridgers on the left, Crazies on the right.
Pine Creek Lake from the top of the couloir.
I skied the lookers right branch.
Paradise Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment