.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Hyalite Ice: Thrill is Gone and Magically Delicious

Sam and I hiked to the Unnamed Wall to do some mixed climbing. We started with me leading the Thrill is Gone for my first time which Sam followed. Then we moved over to Magically Delicious which Sam lead half way but ended up lowering off a tool. I lead it the rest of the way and retrieved the gear. Black Magic is on my radar and since it is in one-in-twenty year shape, this is the tie to do it. Turns out I didnt have the necessary gear so we just took pictures of it.

You can barely see Sam about half way up TiG
Sometimes the ice fights back!
Black Magic: start in the crack and finish on the ice.
The right smear has not formed since it was first climbed over 20 years(?) ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment