.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Friday, November 10, 2017

First ice climbing of the 2017/2018 season: Hylite; Upper Mummy

Why not start out the season with a big boy climb way up on the mountain? Ill tell you why: the ice is in fat! Its pretty much that way every season. The first climbs to form are higher in elevation and typically a lot steeper. Kyler and I climbed Mummy 3 last year but bailed on an unformed Mummy 4 (there are four ice climbs in the Mummy couloir 1-4, 1 being the lowest in elevation). Since the lower mountain stuff was not 'in' we had to walk around the scepter and suss out a way up to Mummy 3. While I lead M3 last year, it wasnt in the cards this day; pretty spicy first lead/ice climb of the year! Therefore, Kyler took the sharp end all day. This time, M4 was climbed! I was so excited to climb this super classic of Hyalite to the top. I forgot my phone/camera so these are all from Kyler.



Me on M4. M3 can barely be seen over my left shoulder disappearing in to the rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment