.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Village Climb Day: Proud Face

I cleaned and bolted this rock at the end of last season and had not been back since. This year, I brought a crew with me. Matt H, Steven H, Peter R, Sam M, Eric M, Manfred and I ended up climbing every route out there. Matt and I climbed Incessant 5.6 and Wake Up Call 5.7 while Peter and Steven worked on Proud Face 5.10d. Matt and I then climbed Empty Rangers 5.10d followed by Proud Face. We finished the day with Weed Stems 5.7 and Its Pronounced Eye-Gore 5.7. Meanwhile Steven and Peter sussed out the moves to the Fugitess Crack 5.12 on top rope. Eric and Sam got a late start but where able to squeeze in Weed Stems and Its Pronounced Eye-Gore. All in all this crag is definitely worth the hike and the climbing is, once again, awesome.
Peter and Steven on Proud Face.
Matt following Incessant.
Matt, Peter high up on Proud Face to the right.
Steven on Wake Up Call.
Proud Face: There is a rope line but you cant see it.
Sam on top of Weed Stems. Fugitess top rope can be seen.
Peter on the Fugitess.

No comments:

Post a Comment