.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Purple Chimney Arete, Bridgers

I read about this climb on a blog a while ago and have always wanted to go and investigate. Its a L.Rausch free solo up a purple chimney to a wavy ridge/arete. Its pretty much just a 5th class scramble with a couple of 'climbing' moves. Manfred and I got to the Fairy Lake parking lot about 6:30pm and I was done with the climb, drinking a beer at the base, by 7:30pm. Its really close but still has an alpine feel to it. It would probably be 3-4 pitches if you pitched it out, maybe 300' of gain. I noticed a buttress on Pomp Peak to the North that I scrambled over to and will definitely be revisiting with gear and a rope.
From LR's blog
Spiny Ridge thing


The highest you ever get off the ground is about 80-90' on one side but only 20 or so on the uphill side.
A bullet proof buttress that might be unclimbed on Pomp Peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment