.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Friday, April 28, 2017

Smith River Bachelor Party

You put 11 guys together for 5 days and four nights of floating, fishing and general shenanigans and you are guaranteed a trip of a lifetime. My buddy Ben R is tying the knot! Launch day provided us with a short lived blizzard but a whole day of rain. Needless to say camping night one got a little muddy. Within a minute of pushing off from the launch, I caught the first fish of the trip! I wasnt really even fishing yet, I was still paying out line and I dont think my floating line was even beyond the last eye of my fly rod! Boom! We had decent weather the rest of the trip and caught fish everyday but the last. I have never done this float before but now I know why everybody puts in for the permits year after year. Pretty special way for a bunch of old friends and new friends to spend a few days.

Fish numero uno


Caaaaampin in the mud


Somehow, nobody got hooked in the lip.
The miles and miles of cliffs make this float somewhat committing. There are very few places to get out and cell service nowhere.
Cutbow
Browny

Sunset Cliff
It got up to 80* one day.

Theres an awesome riverside float-in cave. I caught a couple while we were loitering here.
Heaven on Earth is this guy's bar/wedding venue, par 3 golf course/horseshoe pits/Deep Creek cocktails...


Hiked up to Pictograph Cave.






Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment