.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Sunday, September 11, 2016

A walk with a pad through Pipestone

While Cady was dirt biking with her friends, Manfred and I walked around the vast expanse of boulders that is Pipestone and actually found a couple to climb. The 'actually' that I just stated is heavy sarcasm in case you have not been out there before; you dont have to walk 50yds to find a rock to climb let alone the mile or two I put on. I wanted another shot at the Druthers Crack so thats where I went first. I havent seen all the boulders in Pipestone and definitely never will, but the Druthers Boulder has to be one of the best boulders there. If not in the state. Quintessential crack climbing on a house sized boulder. Well, I didnt get it last time and I didnt get it this time. We walked around for a while longer and found one possibly unclimbed boulder which I sent in just a couple of tries. I did find quite a few quartz crystals again this time but none of them were the huge ones that we found last year.
I dont remember what this bouldery boulder is called.




The Druthers Boulder with the obvious Druthers crack.
An SDS and some great hand jamming get you up this guy pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment