.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Revenue Village: Manfred's Rock; 3.25 new routes added

A couple of years ago on a Village rock scouting day, Manfred and I found a clean, beautiful chunk of rock that I foresaw atleast 10 routes on. I have been wanting to go back ever since. I decided to start my developing season there. Armed to to teeth with batteries and bolts and beers, a drillin' we did go! Saturday was cold and snowy so I spent most of the day getting the cache moved over from City Limits buttress to Manfred's rock and crack cleaning. By the end of the day I had one new set of anchors, Manfred's Crack cleaned (30m, all gear to chains) and Basset Friendly cleaned and bolted (30m, 5 bolts to a couple of small-medium cams to another bolt and up to the chains). By Sunday afternoon, I finished Wrinkles For Days (30m, 1 bolt then small-large gear to 7 bolts and chains) and started My Favorite Freddy (30m, 2 bolts so far). Im really excited to get back out there and climb these routes as well as add several more to the buttress. Its too bad the hike kinda sucks to get to this one because its going to be one of my favorites in the Village. But I think I have said that about every buttress out there so.......
Manfred's Crack is obvious enough. Basset Friendly runs up the face between the crack and the bush and finished climber's right of the triangular roof. Wrinkles for days starts just climber's left of the photo and goes up to the bush (I added a permanent sling for pro), passes it on the left then takes off up the face to the very faint dead tree on the skyline. My Favorite Freddy is about the right side of the photo but not visible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment