.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Hyalite Ice: Genesis area circuit solo

Was lucky enough to get out of work early on a beautiful day so obviously I went up to Hyalite,  my hone away from home. I climbed G1 to G2 then Hangover and Lower Greensleeves. G1 is taking a beating and is muddy, wet and falling apart. G2 was in better shape; I grenaded off the backside trying to downclimb instead of rappelling (for the sake of time); I broke a giant hold and fell about 8 ft, landing on my back/rope but didnt catch a spike anywhere. I had a rope, I'll be rappelling from now on. The first few feet of climbing on the Hangover was pretty wet and thin but bulked up the higher I went. I found a 16cm BD express screw at the 30m rap station! Lower Greensleeves was in the best condition of all and as fat as I have ever seen it. All in all a pretty good afternoon. Anytime you can walk away from a fall completely unscathed AND find some booty you're doing alright.
G1
G2
Hangover
Lower Greensleeves

No comments:

Post a Comment