.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

3 more rocks developed in Revenue Village: Have it Your Way slabs and Tower Pitch

I left a bunch of my stuff in my cache out in the Village from Saturday's mission thinking I would be back out there Sunday. I got a little distracted by a Maddy float trip and never made it back out. So Tuesday, I got off work a little early, grabbed Manfred and cruised out there. I installed 3 sets of anchors on 3 different (but connected) rocks. Two anchors allow for some fun toproping on low angled slabs (5.4-5.5). The slabs would be great first trad leads too. Well, maybe not, the gear is a little tricky (offsets and brassys) but all there and very solid. I dont think you could climb the same route twice on the upper two slabs so I dubbed them the 'Have it your way' slabs; you can climb wherever you want to reach the anchors. The rock continues on downhill and where it terminates, I found another fun route. One #2-#3 BD cam gets you into 5 bolts to the anchors 'Tower Pitch 5.10'.
Tower Pitch; your first gear is a cam in that pocket. 
The 'Have it your way' slabs. The anchors are at the two high points on the skyline. I solo'd up em to get to the top and was glad to get to rappel off. 

The bottom or lower slab of the two.
The upper slab. You can see my two dust patches from adding bolts to the unprotectable sections. There is seriously 12 different ways to get to those anchors. Fun right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment