.post-body img { max-width:300px; max-height:auto; }

Saturday, October 5, 2013

'A' for effort at the Village

For being in a rain-shadow desert not high in elevation and the first week of October there was a ton of snow. After helping pull a Subaru out of a ditch, having to chain up myself, Lucas, Travis and I finally start the trudge in. We went to the closest rocks in the Village looking for some short routes (but taller than a boulder problem). Lucas set-up a TR on quaint little wafer and we all TR'd it. I wasnt incredibly inspired so I took a little walk in the snow to scout some rock I had never visited before. I found two very worthy rocks with multiple routes on each. I slogged back up to Lucas and Travis to tell them the good news only to find out we didnt have bits for the drill. Yup. Ill bet we never do that again. Slightly disheartened, we walked back to the car. We sat at the car for a while watching people get stuck before we took off down the road only to get stuck ourselves. 4-low, chains, a shovel, Lucas' and Travis' manpower and my lead foot got us back to dirt and on our way to the Gravel Bar. We earned our beers today! 
And I wore cotton pants...
Lucas slingin' horns


Such a pretty place to climb and kill a day.

Thats me climbing. This route has some awesome finger cracks that were a godsend cause our frozen fingers werent excited to crimp anything. 


Yup, its Down Jacket Season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment